Living Room Round Table - Black Oval Coffee Table - Cast Aluminum Bistro Table.
Living Room Round Table
- A room in a house for general and informal everyday use
- A living room, also known as sitting room, lounge room or lounge (in the United Kingdom and Australia), is a room for entertaining guests, reading, watching TV or other activities.
- The Living Room is a music venue on Ludlow Street on the Lower East Side in New York City that was established in 1988.
- living room: a room in a private house or establishment where people can sit and talk and relax
- The Round Table is King Arthur's famed table in the Arthurian legend, around which he and his Knights congregate. As its name suggests, it has no head, implying that everyone who sits there has equal status.
- An assembly for discussion, esp. at a conference
- An international charitable association that holds discussions and undertakes community service
- The table at which King Arthur and his knights sat so that none should have precedence. It was first mentioned in 1155
- (legend) the circular table for King Arthur and his knights
The round table
This massive table, recently dated to the 14th century, was repainted in its present form for King Henry VIII (he of the six wives, who lived 1491 - 1547). Up until recently the table was for centuries venerated as the mysterious round table of the 'Once and Future King' Arthur who was reputed to have lived in the Dark Ages around 600 a.d.
The names of the mythical 24 knights are written around the edge of the 18 foot (5.5 metre) diameter table, weighing 1.2 tons (1200kg), surmounted by King Arthur on his throne. King Arthur looks remarkably like Henry VIII.
The table hangs high on the wall of the Great Hall in Winchester, which is the only remaining part of the castle commissioned by William the Conqueror for his capital: Winchester was then the capital of all England.
Classic 1950s Living Room +
I've been in living rooms that look just like this! Yes, some of my collector friends are 50s buffs. What's not to like about mid-century-modern design?
Even still, I had to add my own touches: lot of saturation, contrast boost, & watercolor filter for a tad more pizzazz....
glass top dining table and chairs
square formal dining table
outdoor wood folding table
portable buffet table
blanket chest coffee table
build console table
sofa end tables
handmade wood tables
stainless steel commercial work table